The best digital marketing books - Jan 2021
Here we at The Hidden Market have compiled a list of top digital marketing books to help you stay up to date and improve your online expertise.
We hope this helps you, marketing leaders, to continue to develop and to stay up to date.
The best digital marketing books - Jan 2021
- Practical Content Strategy by Julia McCoy - This is a guide on the practical concepts involved in content strategy and marketing. You can learn the most important foundations and skills you need in order to get far in the content marketing industry.
- Dynamic Digital Marketing by Dawn McGruer - If you want to learn how to boost online visibility, attract the right audience, and generate lead through digital tools, this is the book for you.
- Location is (Still) Everything by David Bell - This book offers an in-depth look at online commerce and retailing. The author presents a framework called “GRAVITY” to explain how the real and virtual worlds intersect — and what Internet sellers must do in order to succeed.
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk - The book shows how a business can connect with its clients through their social media presence. It is focusing on how to elicit the right responses in clients by using the emotional appeal.
- eMarketing: The essential guide to marketing in a digital world by Rob tokes - This e-book is perfect for those who wish to learn the basics of marketing in an online world. It is a one-stop guide to using the technologies and tools that are available to today’s marketers.
- Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug - This book is essential to Web designers and developers around the world. It teaches the principles of intuitive navigation and information design.
- The Dip by Seth Godin - This fun little book will help you figure out if you’re in a Dip that’s worthy of your time, effort, and talents. Seth Godin proves that winners quit fast, often, and quit without guilt—until they commit to beating the right Dip.
- Web Analytics—An Hour a Day by Avinash Kaushik - This is a step-by-step guide on how to implement a successful Web analytics strategy as a practical tool for optimizing a business. It focuses on practical, profitable activities, not just getting lost in data and theory.
- Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins - This book was written in 1923 and it’s still one of the best books on marketing and advertising. Gain a lifetime of experience from the inventor of test marketing and coupon sampling. It offers quick tips applicable to effective digital marketing today. The book is in the public domain, so you can get it for free here.
- Web Design for ROI by Lance Loveday and Sandra Niehaus - The book provides information on creating a Web site based on business goals. It covers topics such as landing pages, category pages, forms, and checkout processes.
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber - The big idea of the book is that the business owner should go from being a “technician” (that is, a do-er) to being an entrepreneur.
- Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords by Perry Marshall - The guide to Google AdWords which will show you how to build an AdWords campaign from scratch. Contains search engine optimization techniques, direct marketing skills, methods of testing, and real-life case studies.
- Making Websites Win by Dr Karl Blanks and Ben Jesson - This book is about how to make websites that customers love and that are outrageously profitable.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini - In this book you can learn the six universal principles of influence and how to use them to become a skilled persuader.
- Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson - A great guide on how to convert your online visitors into lifelong customers. It provides a practical framework that takes the guesswork out of email marketing, content marketing, and copywriting.
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Nir Eyal - A great product and marketing book for learning what it takes to create habits in consumers. You’ll learn how to create triggers, get customers to take action, reward them, and encourage investment following the fundamentals adopted by many of the world’s leading technology companies.
- Content Machine by Dan Norris - The book is teaching the fundamentals of content marketing, how to create great content and how to stand out from the crowd. A great book for those looking to develop content marketing strategy that drives commercial success.
- Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got by Jay Abrahams - The book offers 21 techniques to maximize the success of a business. You can end up with a range of ideas surrounding email marketing, search engine marketing, social media promotion, and conversion rate optimisation.
- Hacking Growth by Sean Ellis and Morgan Brown - This book teaches “Hacking Growth” methodology for attaining, retaining, engaging, and motivating customers. It will walk you through the process of creating and executing your own custom-made growth hacking strategy.
- Lean Analytics by Benjamin Yoskovitz and Alistair Croll - This book lays out practical and proven steps to take your startup from initial idea to product/market fit and beyond. It will equip you for doing digital marketing in a tech startup and teach you how and what to measure depending on the stage and focus of the company.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker - The book can help you to understand many aspects of entrepreneurship. It explains what established businesses, public survey institutions, and new ventures have to know, have to learn, and have to do in today' s economy and marketplace.
- Digital Persuasion by Erin Gargan - Erin Gargan presents her PUB method used by some of the biggest brands in the world. You can learn how to ignite action from your posts and messages in just seconds, and master the art of digital persuasion.
- See You on the Internet by Avery Swartz - A guide for businesses on how to plan and execute their brand marketing strategy. In five simple steps, you will learn to build your brand, increase your customers and generate more revenue.
- 300 Email Marketing Tips by Meera Kothand - This book covers everything from setting up your initial welcome email to planning an editorial email calendar. You’ll learn how to engage with subscribers and turn them into buyers.
- Digital Marketing by Annmarie Hanlon - The book covers all aspects of digital marketing planning and will help anyone implement a successful digital marketing strategy. It provides plenty of real-world examples and case studies, PowerPoint slides, quizzes and links to free tools.
- They Ask, You Answer by Marcus Sheridan - It is a straightforward guide filled with practical tactics and insights for transforming your SEO strategy. The book will change your mindset from trying to sell to customers, to answering their questions instead.
- One Million Followers by Brendan Kane - In this book you can find the answers to all your social media worries and problems. It will teach you everything you need to know to build an authentic following on any platform.
- Email Marketing Demystified by Matthew Paulson - Matthew Paulson, an email marketing expert, shares his top strategies to grow your mailing list and also teaches you how to write compelling sales copy to generate important sales revenue.
- How To Write Copy That Sells by Ray Edwards - This book is ideal for any marketer looking to improve their copywriting skills. It is a step-by-step guide to writing fast and easy to read copy that brings in the cash.
- The End of Marketing by Carlos Gil - This book explores how brands, agencies and marketers should approach marketing in this new digital age. Learn how to put the “social” aspect back into social media and interact with consumers who don’t want to be sold to, but engaged.
How we work at The Hidden Market:
We're specialists in digital and marketing careers. We place professional candidates in a range of specialisms in professional marketing jobs in a variety of industries.
With marketing & digital professionals, essentially we are a strong recruitment partner for you, taking the time to truly understand what might interest you and to match you to roles on your skills. If you would like to find the best marketing roles then you can sign up here.
With brands essentially we’re an extension of your brand, connecting it to more passive talent. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you drive engagement with candidates and attract the best talent then get in touch with us - email@example.com or you can register a company account here.