Complete guide to digital job descriptions - Example Job descriptions
Welcome to The Hidden Market's Ultimate Guide to Digital Jobs! Here, you will find a comprehensive overview of all the various types of digital careers that exist, along with detailed job descriptions to help clients get a better understanding of each role. Whether you're looking to transition into a new digital field or simply curious about the different options available, this guide is your go-to resource. So let's dive in and explore the exciting world of digital jobs!
These are free resources for you to download and use when looking to build your team. As a business we are specialists in supplying marketing & digital talent and as such our resources are focused on these skill sets, across multi-industries. Any questions about these job descriptions please send us an email: email@example.com.
Overview: Complete guide to marketing job descriptions - Example Job descriptions
Digital marketing jobs encompass a wide range of roles and responsibilities, all focused on promoting a business or organization through online channels. Some common types of digital marketing jobs include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager: responsible for optimizing a website to improve its ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs) and drive more organic traffic to the site.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager: responsible for creating and managing paid advertising campaigns on search engines, such as Google Ads, to drive traffic to a website.
- Social Media Manager: responsible for creating and executing a social media strategy to build a brand and engage with customers on various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Content Marketing Manager: responsible for creating and managing a content strategy to attract and engage a target audience and drive profitable customer action.
- Email Marketing Manager: responsible for creating and managing email marketing campaigns to engage with customers and drive sales.
- Performance Marketing Manager: responsible for creating and managing campaigns that drive leads and sales, typically through paid advertising and affiliate marketing.
- Programmatic Manager: responsible for creating and executing programmatic advertising campaigns across various platforms, such as Google Ads, DoubleClick, The Trade Desk, AppNexus and others, to drive online traffic and revenue.
- E-commerce Manager: responsible for managing the online sales process and ensuring a smooth customer experience.
- Web Analyst: responsible for analyzing website traffic and user behavior to gain insights and make data-driven decisions to improve website performance.
- Digital Project Manager: responsible for managing the planning, execution, and tracking of specific short-term or long-term projects and ensuring they are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
These are just a few examples of the many different types of digital marketing jobs available. Other digital jobs include digital product management, digital design, digital product development, data analytics and many more.
We have created templates for you by marketing & digital specialism to give you an indication of the responsibilities and requirements involved in each role. If you are looking for broader and more specific marketing job descriptions then please take a look at our complete guide to marketing job descriptions here.
Any questions about these job descriptions please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Example Digital Marketing Job Descriptions
Paid Search Specialist
Digital Acquisition Manager Job Description
Digital Aggregators/Affiliates Manager Job Description
Digital Analytics Manager Job Description
Biddable Media Manager Job Description
Customer Experience Manager Job Description
Content Marketing Manager Job Description
Content Writing Manager Job Description
Conversion Rate Optimisation Job Description
Digital Campaigns Manager Job Description
Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
Digital Events Manager Job Description
Display Manager Job Description
Ecommerce/Trading Manager Job Description
Growth Manager Job Description
Inbound specialist Manager Job Description
Paid Social Manager Job Description
Performance Marketing Manager Job Description
Transformation Manager Job Description
Sales Engineer Manager Job Description
Social Media Manager Job Description
Strategy Manager Job Description
Programmatic Manager Job Description
Looking for Digital jobs?
At The Hidden Market we focus on hiring the best marketing talent for a range of sectors.
If you're looking for your next digital job we would love to try and help you secure it.
Looking to hire for a digital role?
At The Hidden Market we focus on hiring the best marketing talent for a range of sectors.
If you are in need of filing a digital role we have some great candidates on our books.
Want more information?
Check out our blog or our market insights section to find out more about hiring digital talent.
What to look for in a digital marketer:
When looking for a digital marketer, there are several key qualifications and skills to consider:
- Strong understanding of digital marketing: A good digital marketer should have a solid understanding of various digital marketing channels, including search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), social media, email marketing, and content marketing.
- Experience with various tools and platforms: A digital marketer should be familiar with the tools and platforms that are commonly used in digital marketing, such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Hootsuite.
- Strong analytical skills: A digital marketer should have strong analytical skills to be able to track, measure and analyze the performance of digital marketing campaigns and make data-driven decisions.
- Strong communication and project management skills: A digital marketer should be able to communicate effectively with different teams and stakeholders, and should have strong project management skills to be able to plan, execute and deliver digital marketing campaigns on time and within budget.
- Creativity and Adaptability: A digital marketer should have the ability to think creatively and come up with new and innovative ideas for campaigns, and also be able to quickly adapt to changes in the digital marketing landscape.
- Strong experience and background in digital marketing: A digital marketer should have a proven track record in the field of digital marketing and should be able to demonstrate their experience and background in digital marketing through their portfolio, case studies and references.
- A willingness to learn and stay current: Digital marketing is a constantly evolving field, so a good digital marketer should be willing to continuously learn new skills and stay current with the latest digital marketing trends and best practices.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing regulations: Digital marketers should be aware of regulations like GDPR, CCPA, and COPPA, and be able to ensure their marketing campaigns are compliant with them.
- Strong understanding of e-commerce platforms, CRM and web analytics: A good digital marketer should have a good understanding of e-commerce platforms, CRM and web analytics, and how to use them to improve the customer experience and drive conversions.
- Strong team player: Digital marketing is a team effort, and a good digital marketer should be able to work well with other team members and departments to achieve the company's marketing objectives.
How to hire a digital marketer:
Hiring a digital marketer can be a complex process, but there are several steps you can take to make the process more efficient and effective:
- Define the job: Clearly define the role and responsibilities of the digital marketer position you're looking to fill. This will help you identify the key qualifications and skills you'll need to look for in a candidate.
- Create a job listing: Develop a detailed job listing that includes information about the position, the responsibilities, qualifications and skills required, and the application process. Post the job listing on various job boards, social media and your company website.
- Review resumes and cover letters: Review resumes and cover letters to ensure that candidates meet the basic qualifications and have relevant experience in digital marketing.
- Conduct initial phone or video interviews: Conduct initial phone or video interviews to get a better sense of the candidate's qualifications, experience, and fit for the role.
- Assess skills: Assess the candidate's skills through a combination of skill assessments, case studies, and live projects.
- Check references: Check references of the candidate to get a sense of their past performance and work ethic.
- Evaluate culture fit: Evaluate the candidate's fit with your company's culture, values, and goals.
- Make a decision: After reviewing all of the candidates, make a decision and extend an offer to the best candidate.
- Onboard the new hire: Once a candidate has accepted the offer, provide them with an onboarding process that includes training, setting goals and expectations, and providing them with the resources they need to be successful.
- Continuously evaluate and provide feedback: Continuously evaluate the performance of the digital marketer and provide them with feedback to help them improve and develop their skills.
Complete list of Digital Marketing Recruitment Agencies London
If you are looking for a Digital Marketing Recruitment Agency and would like alternatives to us at The Hidden Market here is our complete list. We are not recommending these busineses but instead sharing with them for your reference and individual research.
How we work at The Hidden Market - hiring digital specialists
At The Hidden Market we have a range of solutions for business from full recruitment through to advertising services. We place Chief Digitals Officers through to digital juniors at businesses from start up through to corporate.
If you are looking for more information on hiring please get in touch here or alternatively as a candidate you are welcome to get in touch here.