Our view of the demand for marketing talent
- Content and social are the most in demand skills even within broad marketing jobs which makes sense given the current business environment: whether businesses are B2B or B2C businesses we see that companies have been heavily investing in content and social for a number of years
- We found it particularly interesting that so far there has been little mention of AI in relation to specific jobs or within job requirements in job specifications. From our work with businesses and our network in the wider marketing community we know that businesses are investing in AI formally and also teams are informally using AI services
- Marketing is such a multi-faceted career made up with a number of niche specialisms: 19 out of the 23 skills listed contribute individually to 5% of demand or less and in total, they account for 44% of total demand
- Comparing the aggregate figures of skills demand can be misleading:
- brand figures seem quite low as does PR and product marketing, but actually, this reinforces the point above about specialisms
- PPC, performance, and paid media seem to be low relative to other skills. Our experience is that this niche is challenging to recruit for, and actually high in demand, whilst the aggregate figures suggest there is less overall demand compared to other skillsets where there might be more total jobs
How we work at The Hidden Market:
We work with candidates and companies to provide relevant opportunities. There are a number of problems with the recruitment market but one of the main issues is that candidates and companies often make a bad move or hire, which could have been easily avoided.
This is often down to a lack of available information: companies often only attracting active talent, and passive talent not having the time and or interest to research what opportunities might be out there.
Candidates looking for marketing jobs:
We work with candidates to bring them opportunities that are really well suited to them even if they are not fully active right now.
Companies looking for marketing talent:
We work with companies to unlock passive talent and ensure that they are able to attract more interest to their roles and as such hire a better matched candidate to their opportunity. Should you be looking to hire you can create an account with us here.